Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:03 AM
Conducts comprehensive market analysis; assessing and analyzing the impact of structural industry changes, government regulations, and economic policy changes on Tesoros forward looking market outlooks. Develops business scenarios and evaluates new and alternative markets to develop the appropriate price outlook. Supports Strategy and Business Development, Government affairs, and the Commercial group in assessing high level impact factors in the domestic and global oil marketplace. Developing presentations to effectively communicate information to our Board of Directors, executives, and management teams. Periodically assess the Tesoros changing organizational needs for critical market intelligence or the need for customized analysis.
1. Leads development and maintenance of economic models to forecast market fundamentals for establishing price forecast for crude oil and product prices. Support the Sr. Economist with fundamentals analysis of regional, domestic, and international oil markets.
2. Leads development of the Long Term price outlook for the corporation (Strategic Price Deck).
3. Develops outlook scenarios appropriate to strategic needs of the corporation for use in assessing large capital projects and M and A opportunities.
4. Provides ad hoc support to other departments, senior executives, and Business Development in researching market trends and preparing analysis of issues in the oil industry and the broader set of economic parameters of the domestic economy.
5. Researches and prepares long term outlook studies on domestic and international supply/demand drivers and market fundamentals. Presents outcome of studies to various levels of senior management.
6. Interacts with Government Affairs to stay up to date on potential regulatory developments and assess the economic impact of potential regulations.
7. Develops economic modeling and financial analysis in support of commercial agreements, physical trades, and development of pricing strategies. Provides direction and expertise in developing and maintaining the competitive assessment function using dashboard presentation tools
8. Maintains knowledge base of energy research by other consultants and keeps abreast of latest market intelligence.
* Minimum Bachelors degree finance, economics, engineering, or business administration required.
* CPA/MBA preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years experience in a refining, supply, and /or petroleum marketing required.
* Minimum 5 year experience in financial or business analysis or senior leadership required.
* Strong analytical/quantitative/econometric skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel/Powerpoint.
* Team player.
* Familiar with petroleum processes, refinery operations, and supply chain economics to improve performance.
* Ability to combine information from multiple sources to develop a logically consistent analytic product that will directly support oil supply and trading decisions.
* Excellent computer skills.
* Adapts quickly to rapid changes.
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail:marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO(r), Shell(r), Exxon(r), Mobil(r), USA Gasoline(tm), Rebel(tm) and Tesoro(r) brands. Our full:service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil
• Location: San Antonio
• Post ID: 34827527 sanantonio