Requisition ID: 63121
Works closely with strategy and business development to formulate strategy, evaluate organic and strategic opportunities, negotiate, deliver and execute multiple internal and external initiatives for senior executives. Manages efforts to identify and evaluate opportunities to acquire new assets and businesses, develop greenfield projects, and enhance existing assets through rigorous analysis and modeling.
- Lead efforts around individual projects with the Strategic Finance team and manages work flow on those projects with Strategy and Business Development representatives.
- Prepares presentations and develops key messaging along with financial aspects of projects, including identifying appropriate metrics, strategic fit, synergies, timelines, risks and other issues.
- Actively participates in the development of board of director material on a quarterly basis.
- Supports development of opportunities to enhance existing assets (e.g. refineries, retail outlets, pipelines, terminals, etc.) consistent with Andeavors strategic direction, including evaluating growth opportunities in new markets.
- Identifies, researches, analyzes and values strategic growth opportunities and potential acquisitions, mergers or divestments. Creates business case as to projects viability and presents to Senior Executive Management.
- Manages and conduct detailed financial analysis and modeling that supports the assessment and underlying valuation of strategic growth opportunities and potential acquisitions, mergers or divestments.
- Participates in operational and commercial due diligence activities and negotiations. Maintains confidentiality. Works with General Counsel to prepare requisite legal documents.
- Participates in business development activities, and attend pursuit meetings with clients.
- Participates in cross-functional projects encompassing development of business case, development of options around the scope of the project and, at the appropriate time, handoff for execution by the function.
- Manages and conducts complex economic evaluations to facilitate formation and execution of strategic objectives.
- Coaches and trains analysts within the Strategic Finance team, to develop the required skills needed to perform their duties.
- Consistently delivers presentations to senior management, and responds to detailed questions.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Accounting, fFnance, Economics, or Engineering required.
- MBA required.
- CFA preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in progressively responsible commercial, corporate finance, banking or public accounting experience required.
- Business development or mergers and acquisitions experience for mid-stream or downstream energy industries required.
- Related industry experience focused on managing complex streams of work and requiring powerful collaboration preferred.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-SC-2; SF:LI-SC1 || |Accounting & Finance; Engineering || 78259 ||
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 32918052 sanantonio