CPS Energy is at the forefront of changing how people think about and use energy. Whether as one of the largest solar power developers in the country or by giving customers the latest smart energy solutions to better manage their energy use, CPS Energy is a leader in developing cleaner and smarter energy choices for our customers.
Responsible for leading, evolving, managing, and executing the Enterprise Risk Management Program and all the related processes. Using a consultative approach, facilitates discussions and meetings with various internal business unit customers to assess and identify organizational risks, and to create mitigation plans for high risks. Accountable for the oversight and providing the framework and high standards for the Enterprise Risk Management Program. Creates an awareness and education for risk at all levels of the organization, and is responsible to coordinate meetings at the executive level to achieve consensus of the current identified risks. Accountable to help set the vision and direction for the Enterprise Risk Management Program, which include meetings with executive management and periodic updates to various CPS Energy Board Committees.
- Encourages and facilitates enterprise risk engagement and awareness across and through organization. This will include (but not all inclusive) attending reoccurring business unit staff meetings, assisting in further developing a training program for all levels of the organization, scheduling meetings / discussion with stakeholders as emerging risks are identified, and creating self-help risk tools / metrics to assist business units.
- As part of the overall integrated planning of the organization, facilitates and coordinates a formal annual review of the enterprise risk register for the organization, which culminates to an executive meeting to achieve consensus of current and new enterprise risks. Other integrated planning responsibilities include validating risk considerations in business cases and facilitating the creation of mitigation plans for any high risks identified, and overseeing the succeeding engagement activities with the business units to ensure the mitigation plans implemented remain on track.
- Implements initiatives to improve the programs effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new ideas and concepts identified as necessary to further the maturity of the risk program and to follow emerging best risk management practices.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the enterprise risk register database.
- Produce effective power point presentations as needed for meetings.
- Attend / present at CPS Energy Board of Trustees committee meetings on a periodic basis.
- Monitor credit with the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) as the credit liaison. This responsibility includes participating in ERCOT credit working group meetings.
- Conduct financial and risk exposure reviews, and monitor credit for current and potential business relationships with CPS Energy.
- Attend events and training sponsored by different risk associations throughout the year.
- Assist in other enterprise risk tasks / activities as needed.
- Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Math, Accounting, or other quantitative field from an accredited university combined with demonstrated success in a position with similar level of analytical complexity. Bachelors degree applicants with financial professional designation (CFA, CPA, etc.) will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management frameworks.
- Proven ability to drive results and ability to drive decision-making with organizational stakeholders at all levels of operating responsibility
- Strong ability to understand complex business operations, business transactions, and credit requirements.
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills (verbal, written, presenting, facilitating); ability to effectively communicate to all levels of an organization.
- Experience in and ability to execute enterprise wide risk reporting programs, and effectively drive change.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and work assignments.
- Strong aptitude to leading initiatives.
- Self-starter, takes initiative to gain knowledge necessary to further develop the Risk Enterprise Risk Program.
- Strong ability to navigate leadership across multiple functional areas. Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively and in alignment with business objectives, while inspiring trust and collaboration.
- Ability to work with abstract concepts and provide thorough assessments to identify fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for risk activities.
- Experience in financial analysis and strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality in challenging circumstances
- Advanced Power Point, Word, and Excel skills.
- CRM, CRMA, FRM, ARM comparable risk management, insurance, internal controls, or credit professional designation.
- Experience with GRC solution software.
- Experience with the electric or gas utility industry gained through experience at an electric / gas utility, an investment bank, consultant, or other professional service provider serving the industry.
Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business related events. After hours work may be required.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
CPS Energy does not discriminate against applicants or employees. CPS Energy is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfers and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information or any other protected status. CPS Energy will comply with all laws and regulations.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 31854127 sanantonio