Requisition ID: 61921
Oversees insurance administration, from investigation to settlement of all insured claims brought against the company. Examines and reviews claims and prepares report findings to determine companys liability.
- Reviews circumstances involving claims brought against the company, through research, investigation and interviews.
- Advises management on various contractual issues relating to insurance and claims. Manages and oversees all aspects of claims brought against Company, including intake, investigation and disposition of those claims.
- Determines necessity and manages independent adjusters and investigators. Liaisons with the legal department and participates in mediation, negation and arbitration for the company during trials.
- Makes recommendations to upper management on potential claims settlements.
- Keeps apprised of various trends and litigation in industry and recommends changes to insurance/claims programs as necessary.
- Recognizes, analyzes and provides documentation of trends. Ensures that reports needed for litigation are complete and accurate. Provides documented evidence as may be necessary to defend claims.
- Manages an active file load of claims and prepares monthly claims reports for management.
- Evaluates claim exposure and establishes reserves for both settlement and handling costs.
- Minimum degree in business or related field, or combination of EDUCATION and related experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in liability and workers compensation claims required.
- Texas Insurance Adjustors license required.
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO, Shell, Exxon, Mobil, USA Gasoline, Rebel and Tesoro brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-SC-2 || |Accounting & Finance; Other Corporate Functions || N/A ||
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 31496987 sanantonio