ASCP Certified Medical Technologist - PRN - E/O Weekend Day Hours - HCA (San Antonio, Texas)
Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It’s our promise to you as part of Methodist Healthcare’s half-century mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God by providing exceptional and cost-effective health care accessible to all. The hospital’s services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital also received special recognition for Heart Care in 2013 by receiving the Women’s Choice Award. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital received recognition in 2012 and 2013 as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II is responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of diseases, analyzing and assuming accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs specimen processing and testing, including moderate and high complexity testing.
2. Analyzes test results - demonstrates knowledge of pathological processes in correlation with disease states and test results.
3. Understands, performs, and practices preventive maintenance. Troubleshoots and takes corrective action. Demonstrates pro-active problem solving skills by taking appropriate action and knowing when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
4. Understands, performs, and practices quality control when running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II communicates any relevant QC information to supervisor/lead tech.
5. Reviews, writes, or modifies departmental procedures or policies.
6. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II gains skills quickly, and completes competency checklists for this position. Assumes responsibility for own development through cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=03132-75199&lang=en
• Post ID: 23182497 sanantonio