Job Function: Director
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Property Supervisor, the Community Director is responsible for all phases of the operation of the property including but not limited to:
- Maintaining the physical property so that it is in good condition at all times.
- Directing, controlling and evaluating all on-site personnel.
- Maintaining a stabilized fiscal operation.
- Maintaining a good rapport between residents and the staff.
- Adhering to, and assuring that the on-site staff adhere to, all company and HUD policies and procedures.
- Establish daily schedules for personnel to provide adequate cover for the office, maintenance and emergency needs.
Allocation of duties includes but is not limited to:
- Train all staff members
- Perform written evaluations of employees and recommend salary increases and/or promotions,
in keeping with the company policies and procedure manual.
- Prepare, process and sign all leases and related forms.
- Approve applications according to qualifying criteria.
- Assists in collection of rents, delinquent accounts and other sources of income for the property.
- Make bank deposits.
- Purchase necessary office supplies.
- Supervise outside contractors working on the property.
- Supervise all move-ins and move-outs, giving particular attention to apartment inspection
check-ins and check-outs.
- Check all vacate reports before forwarding to corporate office and mailing to resident.
- Ensure the residents are provided with a clean, safe and well maintained community.
- Document budget expenditures, prepare weekly payable report, prepare other reports as required, and notify the Property Supervisor of any deviations from budget.
- Report accidents and emergencies to the Property Supervisor and corporate office immediately.
- Ensure that service requests are handled timely and the residents are informed of any delays.
- Maintain a record of all service requests and respond to those requests.
- Maintain a record of all monthly unit inspections.
- Review the overall status of the property and prepare an on-site inspection quarterly.
- Review all preventative service schedules and verify that the work is done in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean organized office.
- Check all daily, weekly and monthly reports before forwarding to the Property Supervisor.
- Distribute notices to the residents or assign the duty to office personnel.
- Inspect property daily.
- Carry out legal proceedings, such as evictions, when necessary.
- Maintain a record of all vacancies and move-outs. Maintain a current resident directory.
- Maintain an appointment calendar of all vendor appointments, appointments for check-ins and
check-outs, interviews and team meetings.
- Be at the property or notify the Property Supervisor and answering service of your whereabouts at all times when on call.
- Hold weekly team meetings for all on-site team members to share information, ideas, suggestions and observations.
- Check and sign all time cards and overtime sheets.
- Set goals and objectives, delegating assignments and training programs.
- Assist in the preparation of property budgets.
- Maintain good rapport with all vendors and salespeople.
- Set the example for the team in being neatly dressed and well groomed.
- Any other assignments by the Property Supervisor.
- May be required to work on other MPM properties.
CMI Property Duties and Responsibilities in addition to those duties outlined above
-The CD of a CMI property lives in the apartment provided on site, and is expected to live in and spend nights in the apartment.
-All duties as noted within this job description listing
-Meet with community mental health practitioners as necessary to explain initial application process and the need for appropriate referrals.
-Meet with mental health professionals, attend mental health events and seminars, and maintain a high profile in the mental health community
-Assist residents in planning social activities, coordinate sponsored activities between sponsoring groups and residents, maintain a social activity bulletin board, and work with community services coordinators as necessary.
-Attend monthly NAMI meeting with those residents that wish to attend.
-Encourage residents to participate in community activities, personal growth programs and other such programs as may be available to the residents.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics.
- Ability to use independent judgment and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to project and act in a professional manner regardless of the situation.
- Ability to converse in a professional manner with all residents as well as other individuals the job may require interfacing with as part of the job duties.
- Ability to understand and operate office equipment including computer, copy machine, calculator, telephone, etc.
- Ability to move about the apartment community to show rental property both upstairs and ground level.
- Must have a valid driver license and proof of liability insurance.
• Post ID: 35733207 sanantonio