What you’ll be doing...
We’re investing in our network to improve the way we live, work, and communicate. Our network transformation will be critical for all our future connectivity businesses including new products such as IoT, 5G, and future smart cities. As part of this network transformation, you will help build one network engineered for growth for all lines of business.
You will be managing all aspects of implementation ofNetwork Transformationin assigned city.You will be preparing the overall delivery schedule and time line, escalating issues internally and externally to meet deliverables, managing project budget internally and with vendor, and reporting status of deliverables.
- Driving complex projects and programs to achieve targeted and measured business goals and key objectives.
- Coordinating and scheduling resources across multiple organizations to align project requirements with business goals and objectives.
- Identifying, monitoring, reporting and escalating project-related issues to achieve timely resolution.
- Developing and implementing corrective action plans to mitigate impact to project schedules and overall business objectives.
- Utilizing project tracking tools and systems to accurately document milestones completions, project issues, corrective action plans, project jeopardies, and overall project completions.
- Maintaining excellent communication with functional team members and direct management to ensure early identification of issues a timely reporting of status.
What we’re looking for...
You are the type of person who sees a problem and gets it fixed no matter what. You enjoy the challenge of working through complex, cross-functional issues towards a transformational solution. You’re great at being detail oriented and thrive under the pressure of a deadline, but are also willing to be flexible when the situation is right. You are able to negotiate effectively at all levels of the organization and influence decisions that yield the best results for our company.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Technical or project management experience.
- Knowledge of PC and software applications including Windows and MS Office.
Even better if you have:
- PMP certification.
- Military experience.
- Engineering, Planning, and/or Operations knowledge, especially with Local and Long-Haul Telecommunications networks.
- Experience with SRM/SAP as well as expense and/or capital budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written skills for inter-organizational communications.
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful completion.
- Experiencemaking independent decisions based on policies, practices and project requirements.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6767443-network-project-manager
• Post ID: 25819213 sanantonio