Registered Nurse (RN) Transplant Coordinator Satellite Clinics (Days) - HCA (San Antonio, Texas)
***Some travel is required with this position.***
At Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, we recognize the unique needs of each of our patients. It’s an extraordinary effort that we continue to improve upon, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world’s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Our hospital provides patient-centered care with a staff of professionals who genuinely care for the well-being of others. As part of Methodist Healthcare’s mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God, we strive to offer care in a safe and compassionate environment. Additional hospital specialties include psychiatric services, emergency care, rehabilitation and robotic surgery.
Liaison between the organ failure / organ transplant programs and the referring physicians and their staff. Responsible for evaluating the needs of each particular customer and following through with timely interventions. Will assist in the development and implementation of marketing strategies for the programs. Primary duties include: staff education, patient education, providing data or reports and dispensing educational or promotional materials for the programs. Identifies, develops, and evaluates marketing strategy, based on knowledge of established objectives, market characteristics, and urban and rural needs.
1. Responsible for educating physicians and physician staff on organ failure / organ transplant services.
2. Provides patient / family education specific to the patient’s disease process relating to the programs and services provided.
3. Effectively communicates with the referring physicians to gather patient information necessary for the pre-transplant / organ failure phases of care.
4. Provides community education on the transplant and/or organ failure program to local and regional service areas. Travel requires routine visits to outlying cities that may require overnight stays occasionally. Represents the Transplant / Organ Failure programs at assigned marketing functions.
5. Participates in the design of customer services consistent with the patient population. Identifies customer needs and continually assesses services for improvement.
6. Communicates customer needs to organ failure / transplant team to initiate process improvement and to provide status and customer updates.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01588-75872&lang=en
• Post ID: 24405373 sanantonio