The Sterile Processing Coordinator is responsible for the provision of re-usable sterile products in all areas for use in the hospital. The Coordinator directs all activities in SPD, orienting and directing shift team members. The Coordinator ensures all SPD equipment & records are in compliance with governing agencies standards.
1. Coordinates personnel to work allocation, orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution, evaluating performance, making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance. Is responsible for their employee’s output and conduct.
2. Collaborates with physicians, Registered Nurses and Surgical Technicians to serve in support role within OR. Responsible for supplies, instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical cases
3. Assesses process for distribution of sterilized supplies and coordinates with areas involved to improve frequency distribution and monitors for effectiveness
4. Maintains Process Improvement and Sterile Processing Attendance Records.
5. Maintains a safe work environment by setting standards for staff use of universal precautions, personal protective equipment, and appropriate monitors.
5. Monitors productivity and quality and identifies areas for improvement. Completes competencies as defined by department/unit and/or clinical specialty area.
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with other health care team members.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=02531-78532&lang=en
• Post ID: 28609398 sanantonio