Surgery Coordinator - Sterile Processing (M-F 2:30p-11p rotate weekends) - HCA (San Antonio, Texas)
1. Coordinates and oversees the daily activities between the Operating Room and Sterile Processing to ensure efficient case flow.
2. Serves as the "point person" with OR and/or SPD staff and physicians to resolve issues that may arise before, during or after a case.
3. Responsible for assisting with projects and in process improvement activities to include promotion of customer service/satisfaction through training, education and resolution of staff and physician issues.
4. Communicates with OR and SPD staff prior to surgical cases to ascertain specific instrument and supply needs and ensures these items are available. Identifies instrumentation related to tray additions and reconfigurations and communicates order to appropriate person.
5. Performs data collection for tracking of various standards for reporting purposes. Consults with the OR and SPD staff to identify and implement revisions to instrument trays, naming conventions, count sheets and methods of specialty instrumentation identification.
6. Reviews surgery schedule to determine loaner/vendor instrumentation availability and communicates needs to OR and SPD manager. Monitors "Priority List" to ensure instrumentation is ready and available for all first cases of the day, as well as instrumentation to be reprocessed for "to follow" cases.
7. Assists with the education of OR and SPD staff. Provides in-services to SPD and contracted staff related to new equipment. Assists in the reprocessing of instrumentation in the SPD on an as needed basis.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=02531-78533&lang=en
• Post ID: 28609768 sanantonio