Parallon pioneered the modern-day concept of healthcare
shared services more than 12 years ago, perfecting revenue cycle management
best practices and customizable technologies for the industry’s largest
healthcare provider in 700+ facilities and 1000+ physician practices. Today,
our team of more than 13,000 revenue cycle professionals applies unmatched
expertise, scale and proven processes daily to improve financial performance
and long-term sustainability at facilities nationwide. Responsible for providing feedback on daily registration processes and staffing issues to the Patient Access Supervisor. Provide assistance to staff level employees as necessary to insure compliance with department policies and procedures. Assist supervisor with staffing, report reconciliation, QA process, and other duties as assigned. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Staff and order supplies according to budget guidelines and department needs
• Maintain QA statistics (including patient wait times, etc.) and report results to Supervisor.
• Oversee the daily activities of the registration area to insure department standards are met
• Assists Supervisor in educating registration staff of any changes pertinent to their roles
• When appropriate, relieve staff members during employee sick/vacation time
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits and payment of services from legally responsible patients
• Work closely and professionally with nursing and ancillary departments in effort to maintain a teamwork approach
• Excel in all functions performed by patient representatives
• Collect/request deposits and copays
• Assume on-call responsibilities to insure adequate staffing and problem-solving
• Register all patient types
• Assists in resolving patient concerns
• Assist Supervisor to insure all personnel department policies and procedures are followed
• Act in capacity of supervisor in his/her absence, and inform Supervisor of all issues upon his/her return
• Maintains effectiveness of patient flow
• Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education week, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned#ParallonBCOM
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08949-131041&lang=en