The Patient Safety Manager assists with development, implementation and evaluation of the departmental plan. Conducts clinical risk assessments utilizing clinical knowledge, risk identification methods and other processes to identify and initiate action for risk reduction and quality improvement opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Reviews and analyzes facility occurrence reports to identify clinical risk issues. Facilitates the investigation and follow-up on events with the appropriate Directors/VP’s.
2. Analyzes occurrence data for frequency and severity of events. Identifies trends necessitating intervention and works with Directors/VP’s in planning and implementing actions to address identified issues. Tracks and reports to the FDA, and other entities, any medical device related events according to the requirements of the Safe Medical Device Act.
3. Initiates Probable Claims Report (PCR) as appropriate. Investigates, utilizing record review, interviews and other methods in order to provide adequate information for the report.
4. Facilitates the investigation and resolution of patient complaints and grievances. Initiates and/or reviews correspondence to patient/family following established timelines.
5. Facilitates the implementation and completion of the elements of the annual HCA Risk Reduction Program. Communicates the results of the quarterly Risk Metrics results to managers/VP’s and Senior Leaders. Facilitates development and communication of appropriate action plans for identified outliers.
6. Serves as a consultant and resource regarding medical/legal issues. Provides department-specific and facility-wide education based upon identified needs.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01574-73455&lang=en
• Post ID: 19739687 sanantonio