Full Time - Mixed (rotating weekends)
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, bone marrow transplant, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. We deeply value our staff and our patients. As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we recieve from the community in being ranked No. 1 in the Express - News Reader's Choice Awards from 2009-2013. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation.
General Statement of Duties:
The Cook II prepares, seasons, and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes, and other food items in appropriate quantities while following menus, recipes, and production sheets and maintaining a clean and sanitary work area. Provides training and guidance to other employees performing related work.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Obtains food ingredients and supplies from storage areas as required for daily operations.
2. Reviews production schedule to determine food requirements including variety and quantity of food for preparation and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily cooking activities.
3. Seasons and prepares a wide variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, meats, soups, salads, and cereals in accordance with prescribed recipes for regular and special diets. May prepare the food for catered events.
4. Instructs and functionally supervises the activities of other employees performing the same or related duties.
5. Demonstrates, understands, and practices safe food handling techniques including dating/labeling, time/temperature measurements, correcting critical control issues.
6. Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=02531-74715&lang=en
• Post ID: 23369353 sanantonio