Posted: Saturday, November 4, 2017 6:12 AM
Be on the front lines of making the magic of Macy s as part of our store management team: you ll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
The Seasonal Selling Floor Lead will be responsible for prioritizing the customer experience through active supervision and enhancing the service culture. As part of the Store Leadership Team, you will have a key role in communicating expectations and priorities to associates. You will help create a fun and engaging store environment for customers and associates. As an advocate for the customer, you will role model and provide fast feedback on how to make every customer experience optimal. You will be an expert in satisfying the customer and driving results through promotional and Omni selling initiatives.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Selling Floor Lead Associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
- Provide Active Supervision by continually circulating the selling floor, directing associates and supporting daily priorities to optimize the customer experience and increase sales. Redirecting support as needed.
- Lead shop activities to ensure customer readiness and exceptional presentation standards. Alert MyShop Manager of any opportunities that are not aligned with this goal.
- Role model ability to build lasting customer relationships provide associates with fast-feedback and redirection to foster the same behaviors, and recognize associates for practicing them.
- Help build a proactive and solution-oriented customer centric culture in shop to ensure consistent customer experiences.
- Meet with MyShop Manager daily to discuss specific associate coaching needs based on observed customer interactions and redirection already provided. Coach associates based on MyShop Manager direction, and enter into MyStore App.
- Oversee associate execution and completion of shop daily Fulfillment responsibilities.
- Ability to perform interviews and recognize friendly, customer-focused individuals to be hired into Selling and Support Associate roles.
- Have practical knowledge of store systems POS, MPOS, RF equipment, MyClient, MyStore App and ability to educate others.
- Handle various responsibilities related to the physical operation of the facility, including activities required to open and close the building, as well as involvement in daily back-of-house functions.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor s degree preferred.
- Previous retail experience required.
- At least one year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage with customers and find appropriate service solutions.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, and calculating percentages coupled with the ability to use mobile devices.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team, as well as working independently.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers, mobile technology, and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Help make life
Associated topics: account executive, account management, costume, courteous, manner, outlet, sales leader, sales professional, sample, vendors wanted
• Location: San Antonio
• Post ID: 32880592 sanantonio