South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services in San Antonio, Texas. STRIC prides itself in providing exceptional customer service in every aspect of their business, with highly qualified and experienced registered technologists performing medically responsible imaging exams using some of the latest imaging technology available. STRIC's growth strategy is centered around adapting to the needs of its patients by continually adjusting to a constantly changing environment. For more information go to http:/stric.com.
General Statement of Duties:
The CT Scan Technologist will maintain technical skills needed to perform CT procedures. Responsible for the use of equipment to minimize hazards and maximize patient safety. Duties include proper operation of all equipment, digital image management, preparing room for use. Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify the requirements of the adolescent, adult, geriatric patients and to provide the care needed as described in the policies and procedures. Responsible for the care and maintaining of existing intravenous access, may be responsible for injecting specific medication under the direction of the physician.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs diagnostic procedures in a manner consistent with minimal radiation exposure and maximum image quality.
2. Demonstrates competency in all areas of computerized tomography, positioning, procedure preparation, and technical factors associated with the CT Systems. Will display knowledge in the use of all other equipment used in CT Scan. Performs examinations according to protocol, radiologist preference and ACR guidelines.
3. Consistently consents patients for metals and contrast and obtains necessary surgical history of patients prior to exam.
4. Documents in information systems upon completion of procedures; always documents all STAT reads according to departmental policies.
5. Maintains cleanliness and inventory of the lab to include equipment and facilities. Will follow proper disinfection techniques, restocks supplies as necessary, carts or work area will be cleaned and stocked at the completion of each shift. Supplies area with items necessary for daily schedule; advises supervisor of any items are needed.
6. Follows ACR QC requirements according to guidelines and internal policies.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08059-2934&lang=en
• Post ID: 28303253 sanantonio