At Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, we recognize the unique needs of each of our patients. It’s an extraordinary effort that we continue to improve upon, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world’s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Our hospital provides patient-centered care with a staff of professionals who genuinely care for the well-being of others. As part of Methodist Healthcare’s mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God, we strive to offer care in a safe and compassionate environment. Additional hospital specialties include psychiatric services, emergency care, rehabilitation and robotic surgery.
General Statement of Duties:
The Behavioral Health Technician II is an integral part of the nursing team and is directly responsible to the Registered Nurse. This position performs routine care of psychiatric patients and performs additional unit tasks according to knowledge, ability, and duties assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Takes vital signs, patient weights, performs ancillary blood glucose testing, documents results in the medical record and reports results to nursing. Maintains accurate Intake and Output, calorie counts and collection of urine drug screens.
2. Serves and collects food trays, water carafes and nourishments. Feeds patients as necessary. Assists patients with activities of daily living such as bathing, shaving, and oral care. Answers patient call lights and assists with lifting and transporting.
3. Observes patients every 15 – 30 minutes and documents findings on observation record. Performs room safety survey every shift and provides 1 to 1 observation as assigned.
4. Leads a community or activity group and reports patient participation to RN.
5. Performs contraband searches. Identifies and intervenes with safe and effective techniques on patients to avoid escalation of undesirable or unacceptable behavior which eminently poses as a threat to self or others. Accompanies patients on activities such as smoke breaks, on site and off site procedures or testing and to court hearings.
6. In addition to routine Behavioral Health Tech duties consistently performs, as assigned, a minimum of one of the following additional duties: Unit Secretary and Assistant Activity Therapist.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01588-78154&lang=en