Monitor Technician - Central Telemetry Monitoring (Days w/rotating weekends) - HCA (San Antonio,
|At Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, we recognize the unique needs of each of our patients. It’s an extraordinary effort that we continue to improve upon, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world’s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Our hospital provides patient-centered care with a staff of professionals who genuinely care for the well-being of others. As part of Methodist Healthcare’s mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God, we strive to offer care in a safe and compassionate environment. Additional hospital specialties include psychiatric services, emergency care, rehabilitation and robotic surgery.|
- Responsible for observing the monitor at all times, responding to alarms immediately, and reporting any changes in the patient’s rhythm to the team leader or nurse caring for the patient.
- Takes reports on all monitored patients from the monitoring staff. Reviews rhythms, treatment orders for dysrhythmias, and other pertinent information. Collects and documents the rhythm type.
- Assembles a transmitter, battery,
apouch, and electrodes for the admitting nurse. Performs skin prep for placement of monitor by the nurse. Maintains a supply of strip sheets, summary sheets, electrodes, wires, ECG paper, batteries, pouches, and transmitters. Cleans electrode wires and transmitters when monitoring is discontinued.
- Informs the Charge Nurse of any equipment malfunctions. Checks all monitor’s high/low alarms are set properly, according to physician’s orders or unit standard.
- Documents monitor patterns and mount strips every 4 hours, when any new ectopic beat is observed, and/or when a change of pattern occurs. All rhythm strips will be labeled with the patient’s name, date, time, and room number.
- Analyzes rhythm strips for ventricular rate, atrial rate, PR interval, and QRS duration and document in the appropriate place.
- May handle, pick up, deliver, or stock non-controlled medications as directed by a licensed team member.
- Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System (MHS).
- Must learn and comply with system and facility safety policies and rules.
- Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01588-77769&lang=en
• Post ID: 28610128 sanantonio