General Statement of Duties:
The Ultrasound Technologist (sonographer) performs diagnostic procedures utilizing a background in anatomy, physiology, physics and instrumentation to provide technical information to aid the physician. The sonographer will demonstrate and maintain technical skills needed to perform ultrasound procedures on the population(s) served by the department and may include abdominal, OB/GYN, venous Doppler, small parts, pediatrics (where applicable) and invasive exams. In addition, the sonographer will maintain department supplies and equipment. He/she participates in the quality control of the ultrasound department.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintains skills and understanding of innovation in techniques and equipment in medical sonography for procedures performed.
2. Assists physicians in performing ultrasound-guided procedures.
3. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to the population(s) served by the department.
4. Responsible for the proper use of the Radiology Computer System (scheduling exams, patient tracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
5. Follows safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications.6. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks. Maintains order and cleanliness. Always practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01574-78176&lang=en
• Post ID: 28610148 sanantonio